Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Developing Strabismus

Over the passed few weeks i've noticed that Carrah's right eye is developing Strabismus{crossed or lazy eyes}. Chris says it is just a lazy eye, but it's extremely crossed when she is trying to focus.

It is breaking my heart. That sounds so shallow, but I don't want her to have to endure any more taunting and cruel looks than she has to already. The initial diagnosis of Albinism was hard enough because I know how hateful little kids can be, but I have since accepted it. I'm so thankful for her and I think she is gorgeous with out without Albinism!! Of course, I will also think she is beautiful with or without Strabismus, but I want everyone else to be able to see passed it as well.

I'm calling the Ped Opthamologist at Children's today to see if they can make her an earlier appt. She is scheduled to go back in June or July{can't remember, they will send me an appt sheet} I'm not sure what doctors do about it, but I think I have read somewhere they can try a patch over the good eye to make the bad eye work harder or something. Or they may give her glasses..or perhaps even surgery. {Please if you are reading this, pray that is not the case} I do not want my baby girl going through surgery!!

  © Free Blogger Templates Spain by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP